Air Purifiers For Your Office and Workplace
According to the World Health Organization, up to 30% of new and remodeled commercial buildings may have issues with air quality. Older buildings may have accumulated contaminants over the years. Newer buildings these days are built to be energy efficient, so they’re built very tightly to prevent air from leaking out from air conditioning or heating systems. But that creates an issue of build up of contaminants as well–sometimes faster than an older building that has natural creaks and leaks. Hence office air purification system is very important to maintain indoor air quality. While older buildings that have not been adequately maintained may become reservoirs for microbial growth, the air quality issues in new buildings are more likely to be chemically-related (e.g., off-gassing from building materials).
FACT: Office buildings are designed to provide fresh air to every person regularly–but in some months (extreme heat or cold), 85% of the indoor air you are breathing in the office is re-circulated.
Even if you work in what seems to be a relatively clean environment, you may still be exposed to indoor air pollutants from the following:
• Working in an old building – ductwork may contain dust, mold spores and bacteria that are then circulated through the entire building
• Working in a recently renovated building – construction may have released hazardous materials into the air (e.g., asbestos, lead)
• old or poorly maintained HVAC systems – these can leak carbon monoxide into the air
• newly painted walls, new carpets and furniture – sometimes contain chemicals such as formaldehyde
• computers, photocopiers and other electrical equipment – produce ozone, which can trigger asthma
• underground parking facilities – can create carbon monoxide from vehicles that’s sucked into air intakes
• cleaning products – can have contaminants
• fluorescent lighting – can produce photochemical smog
Other things like perfumes, viruses and bacteria from people in the building can decrease the quality of air you’re working in.
The key is to regularly maintain and clean HVAC systems and ductwork. Also, investing in air purification or air filtration systems can reduce these issues significantly. We’ve worked with many local businesses and office buildings and can give you ideas for what makes the most sense, given the age, size and conditions of your office building.
Commercial Solutions We Use, Study & Recommend
We’re certified with Sanuvox, the industry leader in ultraviolet & object sterilization.
Sanuvox Technologies Inc. is a global leader in ultraviolet air treatment providing the most advanced cost-effective In-Duct & Stand-Alone UV Air and Coil Sterilization Systems available. Proprietary Sanuvox UV Systems are designed to maximize exposure time delivering the Ultraviolet energy required to deliver exceptionally high airborne disinfection rates.